Probably, everyone has encountered the problem of trying to clean one’s working place amid the flow a of hard, labor-intensive routine. Dusting is one thing, but proper, big cleaning up after a party is pretty difficult to handle on your own. Cleaning up more than one room can sound like a torturous chore for a modern, busy person, don’t you agree? On the other hand, why waste your time? You can always let the specialized professionals do their thing! While you are busy with your ordinary schedule or are having a rest somewhere, the cleaning business specialist can take up the domestic burden for you. Interested in taking this burden off your shoulders? You probably are. But where can a responsible professional be found?
The mobile apps for cleaning business premises are created just for that purpose. This type of mobile solutions, like the world-renowned taxi ordering app - Uber, lets you find a worker ready to come to a certain place at a certain time to conduct all the required cleaning work. The specialized software makes everything easy and lightning-fast.
In this article, we shall discuss the specifics of the development of such software and present our own project – one of the most efficient implementations of the discussed practice.
How to make a cleaning mobile app: basic development principles
The creation of any mobile application to be publicly available must consist of three interconnected aspects: marketing, technical, and presentation. We analyze the major stages you will have to go through in each of these aspects.
The research of the market includes three obligatory substages:
- Client image formulation. In order to understand which functions and attributes your future mobile app for cleaning business premises should feature, you must first find out the characteristics of its potential customers. Thus, a user wants to get a really cleaned up space, as they decided to employ the specialist’s help instead of doing everything individually. Additionally, we all understand that a user might be short on time. What does this explain? a) a database of verified cleaners must be gathered; b) the app must be able to process a request as fast as possible, in a minimal set of steps.
- Competitors’ solutions analysis. Among the most popular solutions of that nature are Maidac, Joyclean, and bTaskee. There aren’t many others yet, but we are confident that their number will significantly increase pretty soon.
- Assessment of prospects. Any civilized society strives to achieve the decrease of time people must dedicate to routine tasks to have time for self-realization. In such a manner, more and more people will try to employ the dedicated specialists’ help, particularly in cleaning services.
Practically any software development process, including the process of software development for the cleaning services industry, implies certain necessary features, each of which must be thoroughly worked out. The perfect type of software that finds qualified maids in the shortest terms would be an Uber-like mobile app. The development of such an exemplary solution would include the following capabilities/attributes:
- Maps integration;
- Two account types – user & employee accounts;
- Connection of workers database;
- Displaying active workers on the map & hiding inactive workers;
- Rating system with user reviews;
- Client notifications of worker arriving at an address (for users);
- Connection of an e-wallet for online transactions (for users);
- Scheduling (for employees);
- Form to book a cleaner (for users);
- Income reports (for employees).
Testing in the work environment
You must test your application before launching it. Today, many companies launch an MVP before the full-scale application release. It isn’t called for in our case, however. We can take an Uber taxi as an example, again. Its creators found out with their own experience that the ‘ordering’ type of services are always relevant and if you have a professional, responsible team of developers working on your solution, you needn’t worry about an audience not getting on with your app.
Particular case of a mobile app for cleaning services: Joyclean solution
The Applikey Solutions company has decided to develop its own version of a mobile app for cleaning business premises – Joyclean. It’s not only an ordinary functionality featured by any Uber-like app that lies at its core. It also has such useful features as the employees’ chat and an ad board for attracting new customers.
As a result, we have an intuitive and accessible solution, which not only provides the services ‘by request’ for clients, but also helps find a constant source of income for the workers in this niche.
How much does a mobile app for cleaning services development cost?
The development of such software consists of the following steps, each of which costs a certain number of man hours (which, in turn, directly affects the programmers’ services pricing).
- GPS data connection. The developers connect Google Maps for the Android-based apps, and CoreLocation (for geolocation indication) and MapKit (for routes formulation) for the iOS-based ones. This procedure takes 120-140 man hours on average.
- Electronic payments. In order to provide your customers with an ability to securely pay for services via smartphones, you will have to either implement the banking card data processing mechanisms (which makes it necessary to adhere to all the PCI requirements), or integrate a payment gateway (Stripe, for instance). This is quite a long process that will take around 100 man hours.
- Accounts creation. Working through the profile creation feature, make sure that there is a required minimum of fields available – photo, name, and contact phone number. Additionally, you must implement the profile registration via social networks feature. All this could take about 120 man hours.
- Push-notifications connection. You will need Apple Push Notification Service for iOS and Google Cloud Messaging Service for Android to implement the push-notifications feature. This takes about 30-40 man hours.
- Design. We’d recommend implementing a simple, minimalistic design that will be easily understandable for any smartphone user. The simplest version of a design starts at 50 man hours of development.
- Backend. The technical part of the app, the development of its ‘insides’. This is where the developers may go full throttle. Also includes such aspects as API for mobile apps and an administrative dashboard. This is a complex process of constructing technical architecture, coding UI, etc. and it may take up to 200-250 man hours.
- Beta testing. A very important part - it must be scrupulous and thorough so that all the bugs are fixed and the product becomes smooth and effective in performance. Beta testing can take as much as 150-200 man hours.
There are also features included in the algorithmic pattern of the app operation to be implemented one by one, as follows:
- an interface for user order creation;
- an interface for choosing a contractor by viewing the contractors’ profiles (this step may, however, be skipped and the contractor will be chosen automatically either randomly or by the response);
- an interface for the approval of a completed order with a review section.
How to build an app for booking cleaning: conclusion
As we can see, it’s not that hard a task to create an app for cleaning business premises app. However, if you don’t have any experience in developing commercial projects for mobile platforms, you’d better dedicate this task to experts. For instance, to guys from the Applikey Solutions, who have already successfully implemented a solution of this nature.